VMP '07-'14 GT500 & 5.0 L 3x capacity intercooler reservoir degas bottle tank
Financing available with Affirm.
VMP OE-Look Intercooler tank for '07-'12 Mustang Shelby GT500. Not recommended for '13-'14 GT500 without modifications to the degas tank bypass hose.
- 3x capacity of the stock intercooler tank
- Re-use your factory cap (great if you have purchased covers)
- Requires slight trimming of upper intercooler pump hose due to larger size
- Larger capacity tank increases the time it takes to heat soak
- Allows for lower temps between 1/4 miles runs
- Utilizes stock mounting point
- Included with VMP 11-14 Mustang GT 5.0 L rear-inlet supercharger kits
The tank inlet is at a different angle than the stock tank. When installing the larger capacity tank have a 6 3/4" long piece of 3/4" rubber heater hose available to make the connection from the engine block to the side of the tank. Only one tank mounting point is needed. The factory hose going from the bottom of the tank to the pump may also be used by rotating it 90* to prevent kinking. If installing a VMP or Afco HE at the same time completely replace the section of hose from the tank to the pump inlet.