The VMP Gen 3R 2.65L TVS Supercharger upgrade is a direct replacement for the factory Eaton M112 Supercharger on the 2003-2004 "Terminator" Mustang Cobra. It was designed from OEM CAD data to fit perfectly and clear the stock hood. Some clearancing of the coolant crossover tube is required. It is a one piece housing with a side inlet like the factory supercharger. The one piece design makes for a very rigid housing, allows for a larger rear inlet, decreases the chance of vacuum leaks, and makes installation easier.
With the VMP TVS you get the reliability of an Eaton blower and the performance of the TVS rotorpack design. The Twin-Vortices-Series compressor has proven itself to be highly efficient over a wide operating range of 10-22+psi. It is a high twist symetrical 4-lobe rotor design with excellent adiabatic efficiency. TVS technology is used on the 2013-2014 GT500, ZR1 Corvette, and ZL1 Camaro.
VMP 2.65L TVS Supercharger upgrade key features:
- Direct replacement for stock supercharger
- Gains of 100-550+ RWHP depending on pulley size & boost level
- 1 year warranty provided by VMP
- Proven Eaton reliability: 100,000 mile service interval
- Pre-filled with oil
- Intercooler bolts directly to bottom of blower
- Side inlet for easy access to fuel rails
- Side inlet allows use of different throttle body styles
- Vacuum line connections and T-MAP in factory locations
- Large 45MM bypass-valve for cooler operation, improved driveably, and greater fuel efficiency
- EGR provisions built into the casting, block off plate provided as well
- Pulleys are easily bolted on and off using six allen head bolts
- The factory supercharger to lower intake manifold gasket is metal and can be re-used in most cases
- The factory IAC gasket may be re-used in most cases
- The TB gasket may be re-used in most cases, aftermarket TBs usually include a new gasket
- EGR Option available
Click here to download VMP 03-04 Cobra TVS Instructions (Rev 3.1.15)
|SC Pulley||Stock Crank||4lb Lower|
|3.3"||18 psi||22 psi|
|3.2"||19 psi||23 psi |
|3.0"||21 psi||stroker or cammed motors only|
|2.8"||23 psi||stroker or cammed motors only|
|2.6"||25 psi||stroker or cammed motors only|
Add a VMP fueling upgrade kit for just $799 with a VMP TVS purchase (click here)!
- Set of eight Ford Performance 56lb/hr injectors with the correct USCAR connector and VMP Injector height adapters
- VMP 18v fuel pump booster, easy 2 wire installation plus ground connection
- VMP 3000 MAF sensor good for measuring up to 800 RWHP worth of airflow, choose small footprint for stock housing or large footprint for JLT High-boost cold air intake
This is a complete package fueling and MAF package for 03-04 Cobras with an upgraded supercharger such as the VMP TVS. Good for 550-700 RWHP depending on octane, boost, and conditions
If you plan to aim for higher horsepower numbers, we recommend the following upgrades:
- Return style fuel system
- 95 lb/hr or 1000cc fuel injectors (Fuel Injector Clinic, DeatchWerks, Injector Dynamics)
The VMP TVS places the SC pulley in the same location as the stock blower.
For specific belt lenghts click here: Cobra Bob's 2003-2004 Cobra Belt Selection Guide
The VMP TVS was designed with a HUGE inlet, the throttle body you choose to run with the blower will ultimately determine how much air you can get into the blower and how well it performs. We support all major throttle body styles including a custom GT500 bolt-pattern single blade throttle body. If you don't have an upgraded throttle body already you may order one from us, make sure you select the correct elbow style to match up with the Idle Air Control valve.
VMP GT500 Monoblade TB
BBK Dual 65MM Cobra TB (stock-style round IAC passage)
Accufab Single Blade Cobra TB (polished) (slot IAC passage)
Lightning Force Performance Single Blade Cobra TB (billet or black) (slot IAC passage)
The VMP TVS accepts all factory hardware
The VMP TVS deletes the boost dump solenoid and EGR mounting bracket for a cleaner look and larger inlet.
The VMP TVS uses a removeable inlet elbow for easy fuel rail access and compatibility with many styles of throttle bodies
The VMP TVS has all of the factory vacuum connections and T-MAP mounting pad on the rear
The VMP TVS has a one-piece housing with integral intercooler mounting flange and 45mm bypass
A factory style bypass valve actuator is located directly on the blower.
The VMP TVS uses an o-ring on the inlet elbow for easy installation and servicing.
The VMP TVS has a Monster inlet as standard equipment.
The elbow on the VMP TVS has the two bottom holes slotted to faciliate easier installation and removal.
Several elbows are available for the VMP TVS to support the Dragon, stock 57mm, BBK 65mm, Accufab, LFP, Billetflow, and GT500 bolt-pattern throttle bodies
Dragon requires an IAC mount (included), the others use an round or slotted IAC passage like stock.
What's new with the Gen3R?