VMP 15-17 Mustang GT 5.0 L Supercharger - Gen3R 2.65 L TVS - Complete
Financing available with Affirm.
VMP’s flagship Gen3R is right at home on your daily driver, or your 8 second street-strip monster. One supercharger can meet your needs now, and in the future. Different pulley sizes allow you to achieve different boost and thus horsepower levels. The Gen3R can be turned-down to as little as 675-725 rear-wheel horsepower, or turned up to 1200+ rear-wheel horsepower.
This kit uses our latest VMP Gen3R 2.65 L TVS head unit and includes everything you need to boost your car.
- Rated at 850 HP and 700 Ft/Lb TQ*
- Warrantied components
- Complete kit with custom tuning
- Easy to install at home in 8-12 hours by following our videos
- Maintains stock-like driveability
- Expandability - room to grow when you want to upgrade
The VMP Gen3R is the latest evolution of our VMP line of superchargers. The “R” maintains the excellent low-end torque and response that TVS blowers are known for, but accelerates like a jet all the way up to red-line. Incredible advancements in supercharger port technology (patent-pending) and inlet design make for a blower that rivals superchargers over a liter larger in size.
Start with a 92mm or 88mm pulley for mild combinations on pump gas, and pulley-down as your appetite for horsepower grows. The Gen3R is the blower that keeps on giving. As pulley size goes down, power and boost go up exponentially. When you max out the stock 6-rib belt, upgrade to one of our 8 or 10 rib overdrive setups. VMP’s kits are fully upgradeable with larger throttle bodies and smaller pulleys for when you install supporting mods and want even more power.
The 15-17 Gen2 coyote motor is a formidable engine, withstanding 700+ rwhp with ease. The key is good fuel quality and not over-doing it with too much boost and too little octane. We recommend a 92mm pulley for 91 octane, 88mm for 93 octane, boostane or E85 for 85mm pulleys and below.
VMP TVS supercharger kit includes:
- VMP Gen3R 2.65 L TVS supercharger head-unit
- Cast aluminum supercharger lower intake manifold with integrated CAC (charge air cooler / intercooler)
- VMP Twinjet 69 MM throttle body
- 125 MM air intake system
- VMP billet aluminum fuel rails
- Ford Racing 56lb fuel injectors
- VMP Plug and Play fuel pump booster
- Heavy duty first-sheave FEAD system with belt, all idlers, tensioner, and bracketry
- VMP dual-fan triple-pass heat exchanger / low-temp radiator
- Intercooler pump with lines and reservoir for supercharger low-temp cooling system
- VMP plug and play wiring harness set
- 92 mm / 3.5 in supercharger pulley for 11-12psi
- All required fasteners, wiring, brackets, hoses and clamps you need to supercharge!
VMP Supercharger Kit Tuning Support:
It is required that you fill out the tune order form after purchasing this product. Once the form is completed, an email chain will automatically be created with the email address that you provide in the form - this email chain is where you will communicate with your tuner, and where the tune files will be sent.
* Tuning must be redeemed within 6 months of purchase*
** The complimentary tuning is limited to the componentry within the kit **
Major modifications, and any changes to the kit’s components such as a different choice of injectors, pulley size, fuel type, or similar items would necessitate the purchase of a Level 3 Custom Tune and the associated charges would apply for the service.
Examples of items that would necessitate a purchase of a Level 3 Custom Tune as follows: Alternate fuels, E85, fuel systems, aftermarket camshafts, built/aftermarket/swapped transmissions, larger injectors, secondary fueling/cooling such as meth injection, etc.
If you have any questions concerning your set up, pre-existing modifications, or desired results, please be sure to contact your sales representative or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org**
*TUNING IS NON-REFUNDABLE*
Tuning services include labor and intellectual property that cannot be returned. Once a tune file is sent out, refunds are no longer valid.
Modified vehicles can be highly variable and can have different issues that may be difficult to diagnose over the internet. We are happy to work with customers to get their concerns resolved - we may request you to send photos/videos, and datalog the vehicle to properly diagnose the issue.
DIAGNOSTICS & DATALOGGING
*Datalogging support is limited to a six month time frame from the day you receive your tune file. After this six month time frame, an additional three months of support can be purchased for $50*
Datalogging is handled solely through email and requires:
Basic computer knowledge
Windows based laptop or a datalogging-capable device
- One year warranty on VMP TVS supercharger components
- 100,000 mile service interval on supercharger
- One year of VMP custom tuning support
- Installation videos and M-F/9-5 phone support
- *93 octane recommended for best performance and rated power output
- *Horsepower ratings vary based on quality of fuel, conditions, and exhaust. Speak with our team for the best combination to meet your horsepower goals.
- *Not approved for sale or installation in the state of California or any other states that require an EO number.
- We recommend NGK TR7ix plugs for supercharged coyotes (see below)
For installation help, checkout the intstallation materials below. If you have any additional questions, call our product specialist at 321-206-9369 or use the chat feature in the lower righthand corner of the site.