Level 2 Performance Tune | OEM Supercharger or Turbo (excludes Roush)
Now an even better value! Includes 3 files for the same combo. You can get tunes for different octanes, towing, or valet.
Examples of the up to 3 tunes you can order:
Our tunes greatly improve driveability and power at all throttle positions. We tune for all around driveability, not just WOT performance. We feel that a good tune offers low-end "Torque" and "Race" type WOT performance all in one.
We have extensive experience tuning a wide range of Ford Vehicles, we apply our dyno-tuning experience to all our email and mail order tunes.
Improvements from VMP custom tunes (varies by application):
- Firmer and faster shifting for automatic trans vehicles, slightly firmer at part throttle, much firmer at WOT.
- Removed speed limiter (do not exceed tire or driveshaft rating)
- Safely raised rev limiter 200-400RPM.
- Advanced timing for improved response and power at all RPM ranges
- Optimized air fuel ratio for more power at WOT
- Permanently turn traction control off (specify when ordering)
- Turn shift light off (specify when ordering)
- Tow tunes that increase fuel economy and reduce trans temps while towing
- Torque converter lockup at WOT for more power to the wheels
- Optimized engine fan cooling on/off temperatures for less heat-soak
- And much much more depending on the individual vehicle...
This Level 2 Custom tuning option is for vehicles with aftermarket intake manifolds, or vehicles that have factory forced induction; including Ecoboost cars and trucks.
If you have deleted systems from the vehicle or have swapped the engine into a different car we are able to turn off certain check engine light codes, specify items removed and codes present when ordering.
Normal custom tune delivery time is 5-10 business days minimum.
EXPEDITE ORDER OPTION
We can expedite your order so you receive the tune file by the next 2 business days. Select this option when ordering for an addition fee.
SCT X3/X4/REV-X flasher on-device adjustments (Varies by vehicle and modifciations)
- Your email tune file may include on-device adjustments
- You may adjust for different gears or tires on vehicles prior to 2015.
- Automatic cars may firm up or soften the shift points at all throttle positions.
- Automatic cars may increase or decrease WOT shift point RPM (Not available on some vehicles)
- We safely raise the rev limiters, we do not recommending increasing it further.
- The speed limiter can be raised - don't exceed the speed rating of your tires or driveshaft.
- Your vehicle should be in good mechanical condition and maintenance up to date.
- Never over-oil a KN type filter. If you have recently oiled the filter the MAF sensor element should be cleaned.
*There are absolutely no refunds on custom tuning*
Tuning labor is not refundable - modified vehicles can be highly variable and could have different issues that may be difficult to diagnose over the internet. We are happy to work with you to solve any issues with your vehicle but you must be able to datalog if necessary - all datalogging support is handled via email.
Important parts and tuning notice:
By ordering this tune, you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is to be used for off-road and/or competition use only and is not to be used on a vehicle that is registered for use on public roads nor highways.
Because U.S., Canadian, and other international, state or provincial laws and regulations may prohibit removal or modification of components that were installed on vehicles by Ford Motor Company to meet emission requirements or to comply with motor vehicle safety regulations applicable to vehicles manufactured for use on public roads, VMP wants you to know the following:
Most of the parts and services offered in this online catalog are for off-road use or competition use only. Use on State and Federal Highways may be a violation of the EPA Clean Air Act. The Clean Air Act can be found at http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/.This document contains in detail what are considered to be violations of the CAA and corresponding penalties for failure to obey and should be read in full before purchasing or installing this off-road or race use only product. Ensuring that all emissions, noise/sound, and speed/use related laws are followed is the responsibility of the Buyer(s). Installation and use of this product indicates that this disclaimer has been read, acknowledged, and understood fully by both the Buyer(s) and Installer(s). The Buyer(s) assume all associated risk of the purchase.
Federal and several state and provincial laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part that affects emissions or safety on motor vehicles used on public streets or highways. VMP assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customer's modifications and/or use of our products or services. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine if their modified vehicle complies with applicable laws.
We will not disable O2 sensors or CEL that stem from the lack of catalytic converters or EGR delete.
The emissions laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, some parts in this catalog may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.