HP Tuners Credit for MPVI2
1. Why a credit based system?
A credit based licensing system gives great flexibility and freedom to the customer. In many ways it is just like a prepaid cell phone, you are in complete control of how you use and purchase your credits. Credits are used for all aspects of licensing with the new MPVI interface, including single vehicle (VIN), year/model (vehicle type) and special tuner shop packages. For customers who add new vehicles or licenses frequently, the addition of new vehicles/credits is a very streamlined process and requires no software download.
Some of the benefits of the credit system:
- Product ships with free credits, no need to specify license type at order.
- Addition of credits via simple web based process. No software downloads.
- Easy to use, menu based system for using credits on various license types.
- License what you want, when you want.
- Can keep a credit reserve, "just in case", no waiting for licenses on unusual vehicles.
- New single vehicle (VIN) licenses in addition to traditional year/model based.
- Suits all business models, home enthusiast, weekend tuner, small tuner shop and large tuner shop/manufacturer.
This new system also helps us (HPT) move to a more flexible software structure, the end result of which is more end user features, easier upgrade distribution and faster development times.
2. What is a credit?
A credit, or more precisely, the current number of available credits is the determining factor on what licenses you can select. Each license type has an associated number of credits that are required to activate it. As an example, when you first purchase VCM Suite, it ships with 8 credits. You could use these credits to license four LS1 Single vehicles or two LS2 vehicles, or 2 x LS1 and 1 x LS2 etc. If you do not have enough credits to activate the desired license you must purchase and add more credits. Eg. If you have 4 existing credits and wish to activate an LS1 year/model license (requires 6 credits) you would need to purchase at least 2 additional credits before that option would be available. Overall, the credit is the basic measure of what licenses you can and can't activate at any time.
NO REFUNDS ON CREDITS