VMP Super Monoblade 163R Throttle Body 15-17' 5.0 L
- Simple bolt-on installation
- NO ADAPTER BOX required
- Comes assembled and tested with factory digital electronics
- Uses native 2015-2017 electronics for ease of tuning
- Elliptical Monoblade design provides for a combination of high flow and tune-ability
- Recommended for power adder applications in the 1000+ rwhp range
- Based on the GT500 bolt-pattern
- Opening shape is based on the VMP Gen3R supercharger
- Elliptical blade measures 82 mm tall x 153 mm wide
- The “163” designates the surface area of the opening. Measuring and naming throttle bodies by blade width is not accurate for flow potential, especially when the blade shape is not a true oval. VMP has chosen to designate their line of monoblade throttle bodies by surface area.
Designed to make big power while avoiding the tuning issues many of the larger throttle bodies have, the VMP 163R throttle body is a great solution for those running a power adder on their Mustang or F-150 and want to push it to 1,000+ rwhp.
Custom designed and properly tuned, the VMP 163R is large enough to make power, but not so large that the fly by wire electronics cannot control the blade. This avoids a “failsafe” condition often indicated by a wrench light on the dash with throttle bodies that are too large.
Created for high-power applications, the VMP 163R should only be used on builds where the extra size and flow is needed.
Built with the same electronics found on 2015-2017 Ford Mustangs and F-150s (designated by an F on the motor cover), the VMP 163R monoblade throttle body comes with electronics preinstalled, tested, and set. Simply bolt the VMP throttle body onto the vehicle and load the proper tune.
If you use this throttle body on a Roush or VMP supercharged car you will need a 36” extension harness to replace the throttle body Y harness used with GT500 style throttle bodies.
The VMP 163R monoblade throttle body may require special tuning such as minimum throttle angle (.80*) and current limit increases. Recommended for heavily modified engines such as those with aftermarket camshafts. The increased lift and duration of aftermarket cams will reduce engine vacuum, making large throttle bodies much smoother and easier to tune. May idle high (~900 rpm) on stock camshaft engines.
- Load proper effective area and open loop FFTA tables for your application
- Increase minimum throttle angle limit to 0.80 degrees
- Increase current limit to 4 amps
- Raise idle speed to 800-950 rpm so throttle is not completely closed at idle
- Load factory 2015-2017 gear ratio and TPC parameters
- VMP offers custom tunes for all our products
- P2112 throttle actuator control system stuck closed o Occurs because the computer is having trouble opening or closing a large blade
- “Wrench light” or “failsafe mode” computer detects a tuning or mechanical issue with the drive by wire system
- Also, P2104, P2111, P2110, P060B
Recommended: 36” PNP harness extension
Weight: 5.75 lbs.