VMP Super Monoblade 163R Throttle Body for 2018+ 5.0 L
- Simple bolt-on installation
- Industry exclusive - works on 2018+ Mustang GT 5.0 L and 2018+ F-150 5.0 L
- NO ADAPTER BOX required
- Comes assembled and tested with factory digital electronics
- Elliptical Monoblade design provides a combination of high flow and tune-ability
- Recommended for custom power adder applications in the 1000+ rwhp range
- Based on the GT500 bolt-pattern
- Opening shape is based on the VMP Gen3R supercharger
- Elliptical blade measures 82 mm tall x 153 mm wide
- The “163” designates the surface area of the opening. Measuring and naming throttle bodies by blade width is not accurate for flow potential, especially when the blade shape is not a true oval. VMP has chosen to designate their line of monoblade throttle bodies by surface area.
Modern supercharged engines can make over 1000 rwhp. Most customers targeting these power levels go for the biggest throttle body available on the market. They are very disappointed when they find their setup is difficult to tune and drive with these huge throttle bodies.
Designed to make big power while avoiding the tuning issues many of the larger throttle bodies have, the VMP 163R throttle body is a great solution for those running a power adder on their '18+ Mustang or F-150 and want to push it to 1,000+ rwhp.
Custom designed and properly tuned, the VMP 163R is large enough to make power, but not so large that the fly by wire electronics cannot control the blade. This avoids a “failsafe” condition often indicated by a wrench light on the dash with throttle bodies that are too large.
Created for high-power applications, the VMP 163R should only be used on builds where the extra size and flow is needed.
Built with the same electronics found on 2018+ Ford Mustangs and F-150s (designated by an J on the motor cover), the VMP 163R monoblade throttle body comes with electronics preinstalled, tested, and set. Simply bolt the VMP throttle body onto the vehicle and load the proper tune.
The VMP 163R monoblade throttle body may require special tuning such as minimum throttle angle (.80*) and current limit increases. Recommended for heavily modified engines such as those with aftermarket cam shafts. The increased lift and duration of aftermarket cams will reduce engine vacuum, making large throttle bodies much smoother and easier to tune. May idle high (~900 rpm) on stock cam shaft engines.
Includes: VMP 163R Super Monoblade throttle body for 2018+ 5.0 L
Recommended: 36” PNP harness extension
Weight: 5.75 lbs.