VMP 15-17 F-150 5.0 L Supercharger Kit - Gen2R 2.3 L TVS - Complete
Financing available with Affirm.
VMP 15-17 F-150 5.0L Supercharger Kit - Gen2R 2.3 L TVS - Complete
VMP Performance’s line of superchargers does not end with just Mustangs. The same tire-shredding performance is available for your Ford F-150 5.0 L truck! With Ford’s switch to an aluminum-bodied F150 in 2015 the 1/2 - ton pickup shed over 700lbs, making it much quicker. A boosted F-150 will surprise the vehicle next to you at the stop light, or at the track. Click on the video tab to see results from VMP’s own supercharged 2016 F150.
This kit starts with our VMP Gen2R 2.3L TVS and includes everything you need to boost your 5.0L V8 truck.
- Rated at 675 HP and 525 Ft/Lb TQ*
- Warrantied components
- Complete kit with custom tuning
- Easy to install at home in 8-12 hours by following our videos
- Maintains stock-like driveability
- Expandability - room to grow when you want to upgrade
The VMP Gen2R is our entry-level S/C kit for your street truck, off-road machine, or bro-dozer. Whatever you choose to use your truck for, the VMP S/C kit will transform the performance of your F-150. The coyote 5.0 L engine found in F150s is ½ a point lower in compression than the regular Mustang 5.0 L, 10.5:1 in the trucks vs 11:1 in the Mustang. Slightly down on power due to the truck cams and lower compression, it’s ready to be boosted by a VMP TVS supercharger. In stock form the trucks dyno around 300-325 rear-wheel horsepower, the VMP Gen2R will boost that to 550-575 RWHP and beyond. Expect 550-575 rwhp with included twin 60 mm throttle body and another 25 rwhp if you upgrade to the VMP Twinjet 67 mm Throttle Body. VMP’s kits are fully upgradeable with larger throttle bodies and smaller pulleys; for when you choose to install supporting mods and want even more power. Do you tow at high altitude? By the time you hit 5,000 feet, 25% of your power is gone, effectively making your truck run like a naturally-aspirated V6. The boost from a VMP TVS supercharger makes up for that loss in air density. If you’ll be living and towing at high altitudes, you can choose to pulley your supercharger down to compensate.
VMP TVS supercharger kit includes:
- VMP Gen2R 2.3 L TVS supercharger head-unit
- Cast aluminum supercharger lower intake manifold with integrated CAC (charge air cooler / intercooler)
- Twin 60mm throttle body
- 120MM air intake system
- VMP billet aluminum fuel rails
- 56lb/hr fuel injectors
- Heavy duty first-sheave FEAD system with belt, all idlers, tensioner, and bracketry.
- VMP single-pass heat exchanger / low-temp radiator with F150 brackets
- Intercooler pump with lines and reservoir for supercharger low-temp cooling system
- VMP plug and play wiring harness set
- All required fasteners, wiring, brackets, hoses and clamps you need to supercharger your truck!
- 79mm pulley standard, below 75mm requires fuel system upgrades and Boostane
- Choose a tuning device if you don’t have one
- Twin 60mm throttle body standard, upgrade to a VMP Twinjet 67mm for more power
- One year warranty on VMP TVS supercharger components
- 100,000 mile service interval on Eaton TVS supercharger
- One year of VMP custom tuning support
- Installation videos and M-F/9-5 phone support
- Every VMP supercharger kit includes a VMP custom tune with datalog review and adjustment.
- Select your preferred tuning device from the above options (additional cost)
- Updates for new mods are no-charge when the parts are purchased from VMP
- We will contact you for vehicle modifications and details after you order
- The fuel upgrades included with the kit are intended for 91-93 octane gasoline based fuels. Running E85 is possible with fuel system upgrades and yields large power gains, E85 tunes are extra.
- *93 octane recommended for best performance and rated power output
- *Not approved for sale or installation in the state of California or any other states that require an EO number.
- We recommend NGK TR7ix plugs for supercharged coyotes (see kit below)
- VMP Plug and Play fuel pump booster for 75mm and smaller pulleys