Shelby GT350 VMP Custom E-Mail Tune Level 2
If you already have an SCT handheld flash tuner such as the X4 we can E-MAIL you a custom tune file for your vehicle
Examples of the up to 3 tunes you can order:
Improvements from VMP custom tunes (varies by application):
- Firmer and faster shifting for automatic trans vehicles, slightly firmer at part throttle, much firmer at WOT.
- Removed speed limiter (do not exceed tire or driveshaft rating)
- Safely raised rev limiter 200-400RPM.
- Advanced timing for improved response and power at all RPM ranges
- Optimized air fuel ratio for more power at WOT
- Permanently turn traction control off (specify when ordering)
- Turn shift light off (specify when ordering)
- Tow tunes that increase fuel economy and reduce trans temps while towing
- Torque converter lockup at WOT for more power to the wheels
- Optimized engine fan cooling on/off temperatures for less heat-soak
- And much much more depending on the individual vehicle...
Our tunes greatly improve driveability and power at all throttle positions. We tune for all around driveability, not just WOT performance. We feel that a good tune offers low-end "Torque" and "Race" type WOT performance all in one.
We have extensive experience tuning a wide range of Ford Vehicles, we apply our dyno-tuning experience to all our email and mail order tunes. Our regular performance tunes DO NOT sacrifice power for economy. Our regular performance tunes may actually improve mileage slightly due to increased timing and increased efficiency. We are able to make special changes to further increase fuel economy by 1-2MPG.
Normal custom tune delivery time is 7-10 business days minimum.
EXPEDITE ORDER OPTION
We can expedite your order so you receive the tune file by the next 2 business days. Select this option when ordering for an addition fee.
SCT flasher on-device adjustments (X3/X4 only):
- Your email tune file will include on-device adjustments
- You may adjust for different gears or tires on 99+ vehicles only.
- Automatic cars may firm up or soften the shift points at all throttle positions.
- Automatic cars may increase or decrease WOT shift point RPM.
- We safely raise the rev limiters, we do not recommending increasing it further.
- The speed limiter is removed, don't exceed the speed rating of your tires or driveshaft.
- Your vehicle should be in good mechanical condition and maintenance up to date.
- Never over-oil a KN type filter. If you have recently oiled the filter the MAF sensor element should be cleaned.
How to load the tune:
Download and install SCT Device Updater from the SCT Support Site. The tuner connects to your PC with a standard USB cable (often included in the box).We will send you an email with your tune attached as a .CEF file. When you receive this email, save the attachment to a directory that you will be able to find (i.e. the Desktop).
Go to Start>Program Files>SCT and run the SCT Device Updater program with the flasher connected to your PC. Click on "Load Custom Tunes" button.. Click the browse button and select the CEF file you wish to load, choose a position for it. Click the program button. When the file is done you may load additional files. You may type the file name in as the tune description.
We do not recommend pulling any fuses when flashing the vehicle. You do not have to go back to stock when flashing a tune onto the vehicle or switching tunes.
*There are absolutely no refunds on custom tuning. Tuning labor is not refundable, modified vehicles can be highly variable and have different problems and issues that may be difficult to diagnose over the internet. We will work with you to solve any issues with your vehicle but you must be able to datalog if necessary, all datalogging support is handled via email.
Important parts and tuning notice:
By ordering this tune, you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is to be used for off-road and/or competition use only and is not to be used on a vehicle that is registered for use on public roads nor highways.
Because U.S., Canadian, and other international, state or provincial laws and regulations may prohibit removal or modification of components that were installed on vehicles by Ford Motor Company to meet emission requirements or to comply with motor vehicle safety regulations applicable to vehicles manufactured for use on public roads, VMP wants you to know the following:
Most of the parts and services offered in this online catalog are for off-road use or competition use only. Use on State and Federal Highways may be a violation of the EPA Clean Air Act. The Clean Air Act can be found at http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/. This document contains in detail what are considered to be violations of the CAA and corresponding penalties for failure to obey and should be read in full before purchasing or installing this off-road or race use only product. Ensuring that all emissions, noise/sound, and speed/use related laws are followed is the responsibility of the Buyer(s). Installation and use of this product indicates that this disclaimer has been read, acknowledged, and understood fully by both the Buyer(s) and Installer(s). The Buyer(s) assume all associated risk of the purchase.
Federal and several state and provincial laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part that affects emissions or safety on motor vehicles used on public streets or highways. VMP assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customerï½ªs modifications and/or use of our products or services. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine if their modified vehicle complies with applicable laws.
The emissions laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, some parts in this catalog may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.