2003-2004 COBRA "TERMINATOR" Stock Blower
- All specialty custom tunes include 6 months of support from date of purchase.
- If you provide us with datalogs and/or dynographs we will review them and if necessary send an adjusted tune at no charge.
- If you make basic modifications to the vehicle that can not be accounted for with on device adjustments we will send you an updated tune at no charge.
- Your vehicle should be in good mechanical condition and maintenance up to date.
- Never over-oil a KN type filter. If you have recently oiled the filter the MAF sensor element should be cleaned.
- Spark plugs gapped down to .030-.035"" are a must for any vehicle with a supercharger or turbocharger. The 3V head uses a special type of spark plug, at lower boost levels the stock plugs can be regapped, at higher boost levels a colder plugs is recommended like the Autolite HT0.
- Premium fuel must be used with any power adder.
- The fuel filter should be replaced every 20,000-30,000 miles to ensure adequate fuel delivery
Below is a Dyno Sheet of a 2003 Cobra with Stock Supercharger, 2.76 Pulley, and Catted X-Pipe
Improvements from VMP custom tunes (varies by application):
- Removed speed limiter (do not exceed tire or driveshaft rating)
- Safely raised rev limiter 200-400RPM.
- Advaced timing for improved response and power at all RPM ranges
- Optimized air fuel ratio for more power at WOT
- Permanently turn traction control off (specify when ordering)
- Optimized engine fan cooling on/off temperatures for less heat-soak
Our tunes greatly improve driveability and power at all throttle positions. We tune for all around driveability, not just WOT performance. We feel that a good tune offers low-end "Torque" and "Race" type WOT performance all in one.
Examples of the up to 3 tunes you can order:
- 93 with Torco
Q: How do I install my tune on my Tuning Device
A: To load custom tune files on SCT click here.
Q: How do I find my computer code/strategy/part number code?
A: On 2004 and older vehicles the code can be found on a small white sticker on the passenger side door jamb or door. If this sticker is worn off you will need to look on the computer itself. On Mustangs the computer can be found behind the passenger side kick panel. On trucks the computer can be found going through the firewall on the passenger side, often the code is visible from underneath the dash. On large cars the computer can be found under the drivers side dash.
Important parts and tuning notice:
By ordering this tune, you agree to assume all responsibility for assuring that it is to be used for off-road and/or competition use only and is not to be used on a vehicle that is registered for use on public roads nor highways.
Because U.S., Canadian, and other international, state or provincial laws and regulations may prohibit removal or modification of components that were installed on vehicles by Ford Motor Company to meet emission requirements or to comply with motor vehicle safety regulations applicable to vehicles manufactured for use on public roads, VMP wants you to know the following:
Most of the parts and services offered in this online catalog are for off-road use or competition use only. Use on State and Federal Highways may be a violation of the EPA Clean Air Act. The Clean Air Act can be found at http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/. This document contains in detail what are considered to be violations of the CAA and corresponding penalties for failure to obey and should be read in full before purchasing or installing this off-road or race use only product. Ensuring that all emissions, noise/sound, and speed/use related laws are followed is the responsibility of the Buyer(s). Installation and use of this product indicates that this disclaimer has been read, acknowledged, and understood fully by both the Buyer(s) and Installer(s). The Buyer(s) assume all associated risk of the purchase.
Federal and several state and provincial laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part that affects emissions or safety on motor vehicles used on public streets or highways. VMP assumes no liability for any violations arising out of any federal, state or provincial emissions or safety requirements on motor vehicles arising out of the customer's modifications and/or use of our products or services. It is the responsibility of the customer to determine if their modified vehicle complies with applicable laws.
The emissions laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, some parts in this catalog may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.