VMP offers custom tuning for 99-04 3.8L V6 Mustangs equipped with the Intercooled Procharger Supercharger Kit pullied from 7-13psi. The ACT Aircharge Temp Sensor must be installed after the blower on 99-00 cars, on 01+ cars it is built into the MAF sensor. You must be running 39/42lb blue pencil 03/04 cobra injectors. You must be useing a 310lph focus pump.
There are two MAF sensor options that we will tune for remotely. The factory 70MM MAF sensor may be mounted in a blow-through configuration using the supplied Procharger smooth transitions and tubing. To keep the stock MAF from pegging a MAFIA extender must be installed on setting 3. You may also run our 75MM Blow-Through MAF tube and a PMAS HPX MAF sensor with Plug and Play 05+ MAF adapter harness.
**Please note, typical turn around time for tuning is 5-10 business days unless expedited. **
- The base price includes the tune file and support, if you need an SCT X-Cal2, X3, or Livewire flasher select one of the above options. The above links are for information only, the flash hardware should be ordered through the current page.
- Please enter vehicle year, trans type, computer code, and mods.
- When ordering, specify your gear ratio and tire size if other than stock.
- We have a race fuel tune available, which must be used with high octane leaded race gas. We do not recommend using unleaded race fuel (click for more info). The race fuel tune increases performance and results in more consistent track performance. The improved consistency comes from eliminating ACT/IAT based timing retard, which is safe when using race fuel.
- All specialty custom tunes include 6 months of support from date of purchase.
- If you provide us with datalogs and/or dynographs we will review them and if necessary send an adjusted tune at no charge.
- Review of up to five datalogs and up to five adjusted tune files are included.
- If you make basic modifications to the vehicle that can not be accounted for with on device adjustments we will send you an updated tune at no charge.
SCT flasher on-device adjustments:
- Your specialty custom tune file will include SCT on-device adjustments (click for available parameter list)
- Our tunes are designed to be very repeatable and safe. However, if you have the opportuning to datalog your vehicle we recomend you do so. We will review these logs at no charge. With our tune the air to fuel ratio throughout the RPM range at Wide Open Throttle should be between 11.2-11.8:1.
- We do not recommend adjusting spark without consulting with us first.
- You may adjust for different gears or tires.
- Automatic cars may firm up or soften the shift points at all throttle positions.
- Automatic cars may increase or decrease WOT shift point RPM.
- We safely raise the rev limiters in our tunes, we do not recommending increasing it further.
- The speed limiter is removed, but don't exceed the speed rating of your tires or driveshaft.
- When we email the custom tune file to you a datalogging configuration file will be included for SCT Live Link
- This file can be loaded into Live Link by opening the software, connecting the flasher to your PC and vehicle with the key on, going to the File Menu then to Open Configuration and then by browsing your hard drive for the .CF2 file.
- To datalog your car you'll need to warm it up, start datalogging at idle for 30 seconds, then slowly rev it to the rev-limiter over a period of 15-25 seconds, then make a WOT pull in 2nd gear starting at 1000RPM and going to 6000RPM. Try to put all of this information into one short datalog file and email it to Justin@VMPTuning.com. If the file is larger than 1 megabyte you will need to compress it.
- If you have a wideband you may connect it to your flasher using these instructions .
- Your vehicle should be in good mechanical condition and maintenance up to date.
- Never over-oil a KN type filter. If you have recently oiled the filter the MAF sensor element should be cleaned.
- Spark plugs gapped down to .030-.035"" are a must for any vehicle with a supercharger or turbocharger.
- Premium fuel must be used with any power adder.
- The fuel filter should be replaced every 20,000-30,000 miles to ensure adequate fuel delivery.
- Files will be emailed in .LL3 format for use with Live Load 3.
- It is recommended that you use an X-Cal2, 3 or Livewire for their datalogging capabilities.
How to load the tune onto an X-Cal2:
Download and install Live Load 3 from the SCT website. The X-Cal2 connects to your PC with a standard USB A to B cable, the port is on the bottom of the X-Cal2 (not top). The first time you plug the flasher into your PC, Windows will detect it and install drivers. If Windows asks to look for drivers on the internet select yes. If that does not work you may have to download drivers from SCT's website. We will send you an email with your tune attached as a .LL3 file. When you receive this email, save the attachment to a directory that you will be able to find (i.e. the Desktop).
Run the Live Load 3 program with the flasher connected to your PC. Click on the browse button in the upper right hand corner. Select the file that you saved from the email. Select the file position on the device (File 1, 2, or 3) and enter a short description. Click the ""Add File"" button. When programming is finished you can disconnect the X-Cal2 from your PC and program the car. We do not recommend pulling any fuses when flashing the vehicle. The X-Cal2 instructions can be found here. You do not have to go back to stock when flashing a tune onto the vehicle.
To check the status of your X-Cal2 connect it to your PC and run the Live Load 3 program. In the middle of the screen it will tell you the firmware version, state (locked or unlocked), and program currently loaded on the vehicle (0 for stock, 1, 2, or 3 for aftermarket tunes). If the prog=stock (original vehicle flashed back to stock) and the tuner is locked you can click the ""Unlock Device"" button, the tuner can now be used on another vehicle. If you have a 9415 SF and are loading a custom tune onto the device you will first need to return the vehicle to stock and then click the ""Erase Device"" button to make room for the custom file(s).
How to load the tune onto a Livewire:
Download and install Livewire Updater from the SCT website. The Livewire connects to your PC with a mini USB cable (included in the LW box), the port is on the bottom of the LW. The first time you plug the flasher into your PC Windows will detect it and install drivers. If Windows asks to look for drivers on the internet select yes. If that does not work you may have to download drivers from SCT's website. We will send you an email with your tune attached as a .LL3 file. When you receive this email, save the attachment to a directory that you will be able to find (i.e. the Desktop).
Run the Livewire Updater program with the flasher connected to your PC. Click on the Live Load Tunes button. Connect the LW and hit okay, a new window will open up Click the browse button and select the LL3 file you wish to load, choose a position for it. Click the program button. When the file is done you may load additional files. We do not recommend pulling any fuses when flashing the vehicle. You do not have to go back to stock when flashing a tune onto the vehicle.
*Windows XP or 2000 required
The SCT Extreme Tune program is used to load files onto the X-Cal1. A special powered serial cable from SCT is needed, this item is not available in stores.